I’ve never really followed a recipe when it comes to stir fry, I usually just chuck in whatever looks good in the fridge, but here’s how I made the dish tonight:
- Over medium heat, pour 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan, and then toss in 1/2 a package of tofu (cubed). Cook for 5-10 min. Then pour a bit of Stir Fry sauce on the cubes, and then place into a bowl for later.
- In the empty pan, pour in 1 cup of water, and toss in baby bok choy. Cover for about 5 minutes.
- Toss in pepper (I used the left-over yellow pepper from the pizza last week) and any other veggies you might want to add. I added 1/4 of a red onion. Cover for another 5 minutes.
- Add 1 package of udon noodles. Cover for 5 minutes, or until noodles start to separate easily.
- Add Stir Fry sauce and Sweet Thai Chili sauce to taste. You can probably toss any sort of Asian sauce you have lying around. Those 2 sauces are the only ones I have in my fridge, and they taste pretty good mixed together, considering I didn’t have any other options.
- Add bowl of tofu. Gently mix ingredients together.
- Serve and enjoy! :)
It’s not a very sophisticated recipe, but I like it because it uses fresh ingredients, it’s super easy to make, and it fills you up. Oh, and it actually tastes good.
- Use a store-bought crust, or if you’re really into it, use Jay’s Signature Pizza Crust recipe. This is the recipe I use every single time I make pizza. It’s super easy to make. The recipe will yield 2 crusts, so I usually just freeze half of the dough for another time.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Roll dough out, and then brush with a mixture of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garlic (depending on how much you like garlic. I use a lot of it and just put it through a hand held garlic press).
- Place 2 or 3 layers of spinach over the olive oil/garlic mixture.
- Cut up pepper (I used yellow pepper) and red onion, and place on top of spinach.
- Cut 1 Garden Goodness Veggie Chick’n Breast into cubes, and scatter. You can substitute and use real chicken if you’re a carnivore. :) Or skip this step altogether.
- Grate mozzarella on top.
- Drizzle a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the top of the pizza.
- Add desired pizza seasonings – I used VE‘s Pizza Seasonings, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 min, or until mozzarella turns golden brown.
I’m sorry my instructions aren’t very good … I was trying to remember how I made it, as I was eating it. :) Anyway, this recipe isn’t very fancy, but it’s easy and fast to make, and it’s tasty!