Yesterday BF and I went for a walk in Stanley Park. It was such a gorgeous day. We then walked into downtown, ate cupcakes from Cupcakes, and then went to Guu in Gastown for dinner. It’s not a restaurant we’d normally go to because it’s expensive, but delicious ($35 each for 7 dishes plus drinks, after tax/tip) … and we had been wanting to go back since we went there for our 2nd date ever. We were celebrating my new job and BF had just finished an exam. :)
Today BF is working, and I have a lot of things I’d like to get done:
- Get 2 pairs of jeans taken in at the waist (!) & pockets sewn shut on a skirt
- Wash car (only if it stops raining)
- Deposit $30 into my bank account
- Do laundry
- Go to the gym
- Go grocery shopping
- Return movie (we watched A Serious Man last night – I was not impressed)
Well BF is away for the weekend on a backcountry ski trip, and the only 2 friends I have in Vancouver are busy. So I’m not sure what I’m going to do with myself over the next few days. I might get to the ski hill, but the thought of digging all my gear out of storage does not appeal to me. Yes, I am that lazy.
There are a bunch of things that need to get done though, so here is my weekend to do list:
- Figure out my taxes. Nope, I haven’t done them yet.
- Pick up paint pen from car dealership.
- Wash my car.
- Finish The Book of Negroes.
- Do my laundry.
- Clean up all paperwork & file away.
- Fill prescription at drug store.
- Workout every day.
- Price out how much I need to save for a new computer & software.
- Clean washroom.
- Scour my long list of job websites for postings I might have missed.
- Bake an apple pie.
I don’t feel like I have enough happening in my life to warrant actual blog posts. So here are some snippets of my life over the past few days!
- My cousin and his GF of 6 years just broke up. I learned about the break-up on Facebook.
- Yesterday BF and I were at Dairy Queen getting Blizzards. There was a gangsta looking guy in front of us. His debit card got declined, and then he tried to use a $100 which also got declined for being counterfeit. Epic fail.
- I had a conference call interview yesterday for a job. Phone interviews are the worst, because you can’t judge body language or facial expressions, or what the person on the other end is feeling at all. I do not think I’ll be getting a call for an in-person interview.
- We were supposed to go skiing at Grouse this morning, but high winds are threatening to shut down the ski hill today. Boo urns!
- My whole body feels sore from working out. I love that feeling. I still have to workout today, but I’ll take it easy. I think BF is going to make me some breakfast, then we’ll going on a 10-20km walk.
- Roy Halladay looks stupid in a Phillies uniform, and I want to hate him but I can’t. The jerk still has my heart.
- BF and I are thinking about doing a 4-5 day trip to Cape Scott next week. It’s a trip I’ve been wanting to do for years and years, and if we actually go do it, I’d be in heaven. BF wants to go when it’s super stormy, but I’m more reasonable and would like beautiful sunny weather. It’s a full day of driving from my hometown, then another full day of hiking just to reach the ocean.
- Trying to contain my excitement and not get my hopes up about my third interview on Monday. Wouldn’t it be amazing to land a job before the jerks at my old job have found a replacement for me? (I saw them advertising again for my old position as of yesterday).
- I’ve been looking at wedding dresses and destination wedding resorts online. Never thought I’d be one of those girls who got obsessed with a wedding before engagement. Not that I’m actually obsessed, but we’ve already decided on where we want to get married (Jamaica). :)
- I had to take $500 out of my Emergency Fund for living expenses. I’m in that period between the end of my severance and the start of my EI payments, so I needed some money to bridge the gap. I might have to take out more money next week, depending on how long it takes for me to get my first payment. And even then, I think my first payment is a reduced amount.