Well BF is away for the weekend on a backcountry ski trip, and the only 2 friends I have in Vancouver are busy. So I’m not sure what I’m going to do with myself over the next few days. I might get to the ski hill, but the thought of digging all my gear out of storage does not appeal to me. Yes, I am that lazy.
There are a bunch of things that need to get done though, so here is my weekend to do list:
- Figure out my taxes. Nope, I haven’t done them yet.
- Pick up paint pen from car dealership.
- Wash my car.
- Finish The Book of Negroes.
- Do my laundry.
- Clean up all paperwork & file away.
- Fill prescription at drug store.
- Workout every day.
- Price out how much I need to save for a new computer & software.
- Clean washroom.
- Scour my long list of job websites for postings I might have missed.
- Bake an apple pie.
I don’t feel like I have enough happening in my life to warrant actual blog posts. So here are some snippets of my life over the past few days!
- My cousin and his GF of 6 years just broke up. I learned about the break-up on Facebook.
- Yesterday BF and I were at Dairy Queen getting Blizzards. There was a gangsta looking guy in front of us. His debit card got declined, and then he tried to use a $100 which also got declined for being counterfeit. Epic fail.
- I had a conference call interview yesterday for a job. Phone interviews are the worst, because you can’t judge body language or facial expressions, or what the person on the other end is feeling at all. I do not think I’ll be getting a call for an in-person interview.
- We were supposed to go skiing at Grouse this morning, but high winds are threatening to shut down the ski hill today. Boo urns!
- My whole body feels sore from working out. I love that feeling. I still have to workout today, but I’ll take it easy. I think BF is going to make me some breakfast, then we’ll going on a 10-20km walk.
- Roy Halladay looks stupid in a Phillies uniform, and I want to hate him but I can’t. The jerk still has my heart.
- BF and I are thinking about doing a 4-5 day trip to Cape Scott next week. It’s a trip I’ve been wanting to do for years and years, and if we actually go do it, I’d be in heaven. BF wants to go when it’s super stormy, but I’m more reasonable and would like beautiful sunny weather. It’s a full day of driving from my hometown, then another full day of hiking just to reach the ocean.
- Trying to contain my excitement and not get my hopes up about my third interview on Monday. Wouldn’t it be amazing to land a job before the jerks at my old job have found a replacement for me? (I saw them advertising again for my old position as of yesterday).
- I’ve been looking at wedding dresses and destination wedding resorts online. Never thought I’d be one of those girls who got obsessed with a wedding before engagement. Not that I’m actually obsessed, but we’ve already decided on where we want to get married (Jamaica). :)
- I had to take $500 out of my Emergency Fund for living expenses. I’m in that period between the end of my severance and the start of my EI payments, so I needed some money to bridge the gap. I might have to take out more money next week, depending on how long it takes for me to get my first payment. And even then, I think my first payment is a reduced amount.
Well this was a very relaxing long weekend. I didn’t really have a set budget coming over, but I think I spent around $80 including ferry costs. I will tally the total when I get home.
Yesterday I climbed Mt. Finlayson. I had no idea it was such a popular trail! There were tons of people hiking as well. I decided that I wanted to really challenge myself, so I did the entire hike in less than 1 hour. My lungs were a bit sore afterwards, which felt nice. Although the hike was easier and shorter than I remembered it being.
Also over the weekend I started reading “The Book of Negroes.” Such a sad book, but so well written! Has anyone else read it?
As for the job search, I have a second interview scheduled for tomorrow, and I just got a voicemail asking me to interview for a coordinator position with a company downtown. I’m getting a lot of interviews, so that’s a good thing. I would be thrilled to line up a great job by the end of the month, but I’m not holding my breath.
Tonight I need to update my portfolio for my interview tomorrow. There are a lot of pieces I can add, since I really haven’t had to use my portfolio in the last 18 months.