With the two biggest personal finance conferences out of the way for the year, it’s time to start thinking about next year’s conference! :) I know some of you didn’t have business cards, or had hastily printed some off of your home computer. Whatever the reason, having a great business card is essential, and my pals at Jukeboxprint.com have agreed to let me do another giveaway on my blog (you may recall I ran a popular Jukeboxprint.com contest last fall)
This time, I am giving away THREE (3) sets of 250 wooden business cards (maple stock with white paper backing). This includes free shipping to ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. :)
These cards are perfect, and totally different from any business cards I’ve seen before. They’re made from 100% biodegradable wood, and they have that quirky, rustic charm that I really like. And the great thing is, you can also order flyers, greeting cards, hang tags, invitations, posters, etc. in wood as well, so that all of your marketing material has the same look. I’m going to have to redo my own business cards before next year’s conference, so I’m really looking forward to having this as an option.
When I ordered my business cards from them last year, I was really impressed with their customer service, quality of the printing, and the type of card stock they used. I really do believe that unique options and good quality stock is what will make your cards stand out. And don’t worry, if you don’t have the software (or the time to design your own cards from scratch), Jukeboxprint.com offers a free online business card creator! :)
There are FOUR ways to enter:
- +1 entry: Tweet about the contest (copy and paste the following: “I just entered to win 250 wooden business cards from @jukeboxprint and @krystalatwork! Enter now! http://wp.me/pPQjl-2Tu“).
- +1 entry: Follow @jukeboxprint on Twitter.
- +1 entry: Comment on this blog post and tell me what event you would use the business cards for.
- +1 entry: Like Jukeboxprint.com on Facebook.
- You MUST use Rafflecopter to record all of your entries.
- I am giving away three (3) sets of 250 business cards. Each person who enters is only eligible to win one (1) prize.
- Shipping is free worldwide.
- Contest closes October 7, 2012.
ENTER NOW WITH RAFFLECOPTER!
Enter to win a copy of The Beginner’s Guide to Saving and Investing for Canadians!
I was approached by Glenn Cooke last fall to work and collaborate on a book written by a few Canadian bloggers. Now, many months later, the – The Beginner’s Guide to Saving and Investing for Canadians – is now available for purchase. :)
Like the title suggests, it’s a book for those who are just getting started with saving and investing. The 100-page book is divided into 5 different chapters, each written by a blogger with expertise in that area:
• Krystal Yee – I take you through the steps needed to begin budgeting, pay down your debt, and free up the income you need to start saving.
• Jim Yih (Retire Happy Blog) – He covers the basics of pension plans, RRSPs, RESPs, TFSAs, and other types of accounts.
• Ram Balakrishnan (Canadian Capitalist) – He writes about passive investing with index funds and ETFs, and includes some mock portfolios to help you get started.
• Frugal Trader (Million Dollar Journey) – He shows you how to become a dividend investor.
• Glenn Cooke (LifeInsuranceCanada.com) – He explains the basics of insurance, and helps you determine what kind of coverage you will need.
And of course the book was edited by the amazing Dan Bortolotti – editor-at-large at MoneySense.
This is a great book for 20-somethings because the advice is practical, and easy to understand. You’re never going to find yourself overwhelmed with the information in this book.
You can purchase The Beginner’s Guide to Saving and Investing for Canadians through Amazon.com for $19.95.
There are THREE ways to enter this giveaway
(for a maximum of 5 entries):
- + 1 entry (for a maximum of 3 entries): Tweet about the contest – just copy & tweet the following: “Enter to win a copy of The Beginner’s Guide to Saving & Investing for Canadians via @krystalatwork! http://goo.gl/mmjzL”
- + 1 entry: There is a link to this post on my Facebook page. “Share” the link with your followers.
- + 1 entry: Follow Frugal Wanderer on Twitter.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. You must leave a SEPARATE comment with each entry in it below for it to count. If it’s not in the comments, each as a separate comment, it will not count (this is how I will track your # of entries).
For example, if you tweet about the contest 3 separate times, and “share” the post via my Facebook page, you will need to leave 4 comments on this blog post.
- I am giving away 1 copy of the book.
- Open to Canadian residents only.
- Contest closes August 3, 2012 at 5pm PST.
- The winner will be picked using Random.org.
- If you are an anonymous commenter, please remember to leave your e-mail address in your comment, otherwise your entry will be disqualified.
Good luck! :)
Summer is right around the corner, and you know what that means? Road trip season! :) Over the past few years, I’ve had so much fun road tripping down the Oregon Coast, driving to Tofino for some summer camping, or heading to the interior of BC to learn more about stand-up paddle boarding. And this year, we are thinking about renting a car and doing some sightseeing out of the city – because sometimes it’s nice to be out on your own and not confined to a train or bus.
Well to help you with your gas expenses this summer, the great people over at RateSupermarket.ca are going to give you a FREE $75 gas card.
Not only that, but you will also be entered to WIN FREE GAS FOR A YEAR. A YEAR! That would be incredible.
And all you have to do is to sign up for an MBNA credit card.
You know how much I love the MBNA Smart Cash Mastercard – it’s my #1 credit card because it has 1) no annual fee, and 2) it offers the best cash back rewards. I’ve been happily using it ever since my whole American Express debacle, and the best thing about the MBNA card – besides the cash back rewards – is that you can see transactions posted online almost instantly. :)
With this RateSupermarket promotion, you have the choice of signing up for MBNA’s Smart Cash Credit Card, or the Rewards Mastercard.
MBNA Smart Cash Credit Card: With no annual fee, and 5% cash rewards on all gas and grocery purchases for the first six months (3% afterwards), the MBNA Smart Cash MasterCard will have your wallet bursting with cash rewards. PLUS you’ll get 1% cash rewards on all other purchases!
MBNA Rewards MasterCard: With no annual fee, one point earned for every dollar spent, and the ability to redeem your points for travel, cash, gift cards, or merchandise – this is one of the most flexible rewards credit cards in Canada.