This giveaway is for a new copy of QuickTax Standard (2009) – just in time for tax season! This includes up to 8 returns, and is supposed to be super easy for 1st time users. Why pay someone else to do your taxes when you can do them yourself – FOR FREE! :)
They have also generously provided me with a copy of QuickTax as well, and I will be filing my taxes using this software this year. I’ve never ever filed my own taxes before, but I am confident that I’ll be able to do it with this software. Watch for my review on the software near the end of this month.
Here is what QuickTax Standard offers:
- EasyStep Interview walks you through your return, finds you every credit you deserve and double-checks for errors as you go.
- Guides you through life changes that can affect your return.
- Includes government approved forms & up-t0-date tax law changes.
- Does all the calculations for you – guaranteed to be accurate!
- FREE technical support by e-mail, chat and phone.
- Walks you through more than 400 possible deductions and credits.
- Includes RRSP optimizing tools
- Downloads electronic T4, donation & investment receipts.
- Prepares spousal returns simultaneously & maximizes credits between spouses and dependents.
There are THREE ways to enter (please leave a separate comment for each entry):
- One entry: Comment on this blog post. Leave your e-mail address if you’re anonymous.
- One entry: Tweet the following – “@krystalatwork is giving away a copy of QuickTax Standard 2009 for Canadians! Enter to win —> http://tinyurl.com/yksz6lr”
- One entry: Blog about the contest and link back to this post.
- This contest will run until 5PM PST, February 19, 2010.
- The winner will be picked using Random.org
- If you are an anonymous commenter, please remember to leave your e-mail address in all of your comments, otherwise you will be disqualified.
- Only open to Canadian residents.
Thanks to everyone who entered. I will be gathering up other PF blogs that I’ve gotten copies of for review, and will probably be giving them away too. So stay tuned. :)
A few days ago I received a complimentary copy of Shoo, Jimmy Choo! by Catey Hill in the mail. I read the first few pages and was excited to read the rest! Totally reminded me of my beloved Shopaholic books. But as I settled into reading it, I just couldn’t get into it. It was a little too … newbie for me. It would have been PERFECT for when I was just starting to get myself out of debt, or even when I was still in debt and looking towards the future.
I love the author’s writing style and the layout is just great (love the pink throughout the book). She gives a sassy and fresh voice to shopaholics who need to change their lives for the better – without sacrificing their entire lifestyle. But I knew all of what she was explaining in the book, and I found myself skimming through the first chapter until I just put the book down.
So, I’m going to give my copy away to one GMBMFB reader! Like I said before, this would be a perfect book for someone who is thinking of starting the journey out of debt, or is in the process of it. It’s witty, well-written, and informative! It also has little worksheets in there so you can make notes and do the money exercises she is explaining about. Very cool.
If you would love to win my very gently read copy of Shoo, Jimmy Choo! just leave a comment (and your e-mail address if you’re anonymous) and I’ll draw a winner on January 26th at 5pm PST. This contest is open to residents of Canada and the USA!