Getting to know the new Aspire Travel World Elite MasterCard

aspire-world-elite-300x189Last month I blogged about potentially trying to find a new credit card because the Capital One Aspire Travel World MasterCard was being discontinued. I was pretty bummed out because it’s a card I really like, and I even got my boyfriend to sign up for it as well so that we could earn travel rewards for our trips. So in case you were thinking of getting this card, or if you are already a cardholder but haven’t heard about what’s happening, here’s what I’ve learned from Capital One (who reached out to me via e-mail after reading my post):

• The Aspire Travel World MasterCard is being replaced with the Aspire Travel World Elite MasterCard.
  • The Elite MasterCard will provide stronger Concierge services to cardholders.
  • New card holders will not receive the 10,000 miles Anniversary Bonus.
  • The sign-up bonus of 35,000 miles was downgraded to 10,000 miles.
  • They will keep the 2 rewards miles for every $1 spent on all purchases (with no cap).
  • They still offer extremely strong travel insurance and benefits to cardholders.

But, existing Capital One Aspire Travel World MasterCard cardholders will still receive the 10,000 miles anniversary bonus every year. This is important because that means pretty much everything about the card stays the same for me, and for everyone else who already holds the card. It also means I don’t think I’ll need to find a new replacement. :)

Note: the minimum required personal income for the Elite card is $70,000 or a household income of $120,000. This is an increase of $60,000 personal and $100,000 household from the World card.

For existing cardholders – will you keep your card, or look for something else?

Comments

1. Tawcan says:

We will be keeping the card since there will be no changes to existing card holders.

• ToniCipriani says:

Slight issue though. Capital One Canada is known not to give credit limit increases. So if later on you need a higher limit you’re somewhat forced to look elsewhere. I guess this is their way of forcing people onto new cards.

2. Wow I have to look into this. I also love that you get 10,000 miles annually…you can’t beat that. Thanks for the information.

3. J says:

Of course you had to throw in that information at the end of the post about the income requirement. WE GET IT KRYSTAL, YOU MAKE LOTS OF MONEY.

4. J says:

and you didn’t blog about it last month, that was 2.5 months ago. do you not even read your own posts?

5. Anonymous says:

I hope you’re getting paid for this post, because you should be. Are you?

6. Dan says:

I was lucky in that I applied for the old one (the Aspire Travel World Mastercard) about one week before they downgraded it. The new one is still a decent option for those looking for travel rewards though

7. Kelly says:

You omitted the part about the $120 annual fee. That would play a part in anyone’s decision to apply for this card.