Can you believe it’s already June? This year is just flying by. :) Speaking of flying, previously I thought that I wasn’t going to go to Edmonton in June because of the cost of the flight. When we had looked into it, the prices for tickets were around $350. Now? They’re upwards of $450-500. :| So with a bit of a change of heart, we’re going to keep looking and if prices come back down to what they were before, we’ll definitely consider going. You’ll notice I didn’t budget that into my month – if we do go, I’ll take the money out of my Travel Fund. :)
Other than that, it looks like a pretty standard month of spending. I budgeted for a new bathing suit because the one I have is pretty much falling apart. And now that summer is here, I think we’ll be at the outdoor pool a lot more.
June 2014 Goals:
- Work out 6x/week. This will be a mix of running, hiking, tennis, and long walks. I’ll likely also throw in a few workout DVDs into the mix just to change it up. :)
- Cut back on sugar. I want to really considering how much sugar is in everything else we consume. Which probably means cutting back a lot on processed foods. After BF and I watched Fed Up a few weeks ago, cutting back on sugar is a huge goal of mine. I don’t want to say that I’m going to completely eliminate it from my diet, but it’s something I need to monitor closely.
- Earn $1,200 in freelance income. Whatever I earn will go straight into savings.
- Automate my property tax. Whether it’s through my bank or the city, it’s just easier this way.
- Get rid of my old TV. I bought a new TV a few months ago, which has been working out great. Except for the fact that my old TV is sitting in my dining room because I have no idea what to do with it. It doesn’t work anymore, but perhaps if I list it for free on Craigslist, someone would want it for the parts, or as a prop in home staging or something like that.
- Fix my sink. I have a double sink, and a few weeks ago, BF noticed that the drain on one side was leaking underneath. He thinks we could probably fix it ourselves, but if not, then a professional will have to be called.
Those are my goals for June! I think they’re challenging, but realistic. Any questions or comments?