October is my favourite month of the year. The weather has cooled down, field hockey season is in full swing, and I get to celebrate my birthday (or not celebrate, depending on how old I feel, haha). And this month is going to be even more exciting because I’m finally going traveling again – even if it’s only for 3 weeks.
October 2013 Goals:
- Run in my first half marathon. That’s my official goal. My unofficial goal is to run this in under two hours.
- Stick to my travel budget. I’m really, really hoping I can do this. It’s going to be a different experience though, being on a tour. When I was traveling with Nic, we were both relatively frugal. Now that I’ll be with different people, I might have to choose between being frugal, and being social. Still, I took a look at the itinerary, and I know which activities I’d be willing to pay money for, and which ones I’m not interested in. There’s obviously flexibility around this, but I have no problem exploring on my own either.
- Post on this blog 3x/week. There are a lot of draft posts I’m working on, so hopefully I can finish them off and have posts scheduled for when I’m traveling. I’m also trying to revive The Frugal Wanderer. I haven’t paid much attention to it this year, but when looking back at the posts, I forgot how fun it was to write there. So we’ll see.
- Earn $2,000 in freelance income. Not impossible, but I’m really going to have to stay on top of my e-mails.
- Increase my RRSP contributions. Self-explanatory.