These goals are a little bit late, but the weekend was kind of a gong show dealing with some online drama. But, I’m excited for this month. The weather is getting nicer, and I’m feeing a lot more comfortable with my new budget. Although, I have to say, it’s really weird being back in an office. It’s been almost two months now since I started this job – and while I really do love everything about it – I still find it a bit of a struggle to have a set schedule. I’m just used to coming and going as I please. Work for 2 hours then go home? No problem. But I’m getting used to it, and it’s been so great having people around to talk with. I really missed that social interaction when I was freelancing.
March 2013 Goals:
- Make an additional $1,000 in freelance income. :)
- Look into getting a part-time job. I’ll admit, I’m getting a little bit restless. I have too much time on my hands, and I don’t know what to do with it. I want to be working, but I don’t think I want it to be online. I want more of a balance, because I think I was burning out writing so many personal finance articles. So even though I’d make a ton more money as a writer, I wouldn’t mind picking up a PT job somewhere like a grocery store or something. It’s just an idea. Maybe it won’t really be worth it, but I’ll do some research anyway.
- Clean out my car. My car is pretty filthy – inside and outside. It got so bad that my boyfriend sent me “how to” articles on how to clean my car. :| I need to organize it and dump a bunch of stuff that I just have sitting in the backseat and trunk.
- Set up a We Seed account. I’ve done some research into stocks, and I’d like to start investing. Not a large sum of money, just the minimum $1,000 needed to get started with Questrade. But before I do that, I want to play around with a virtual account first. I like the super simple interface of WeSeed, but if anyone knows of a better site, please let me know.
- Adopt a pescetarian diet. I don’t eat a lot of red meat anyway, but I’ve noticed that when I do, I don’t feel very good. So this diet will mean I’m only eating fruits, vegetables, grains, and fish/shellfish. I’m also limiting my dairy intake, but won’t be super rigid about it. For example, if there’s dairy in a sauce or something, I’ll still eat it. I just want to stay away from milk (in lattes, tea, etc.), cheese, and ice cream. I’m only committing to this for a month, but I feel like it’s something I’d probably like to do going forward.
- Start running. I’m running a half marathon this year (October), and now that the field hockey season is ending, I actually have 3 days freed up during the week for running. Coincidentally, it’s also getting nicer out, so that will make the transition a lot more pleasant. There’s a park across the street with a nice trail, and one about 10 minutes away (by car) around a lake. I’ll likely start running in the mornings again – it was something I did 4-5x/week before we moved to Germany.