I’ll be traveling 23-of-30 days in the month, so April will be kind of a gong show. We started the month in Austria, then Nic and I are meeting up with a couple of his friends in Portugal tomorow. Then I’ll fly out to Spain to meet up with a friend from home. After that, my mom and sister come to town. We’ll be headed to Munich, then to Milan, Verona, and then Venice – where we’ll meet up with Nic again. I normally wouldn’t cram so much traveling into one month, but it was the only time my friend and sister could come visit.
April 2012 Goals:
- Resume RRSP contributions. I temporarily suspended my RRSP contributions earlier this year because I wasn’t sure how much I would be able to bring in with my freelance income, and finances with the trip to Europe were stressing me out. But now I feel a lot more stable. And while I’m still not comfortable bringing it back up to the level I was saving beforehand ($700-800/month), I’m going to at least start up my automatic deductions again.
- Try to limit working while on vacation. Even though I definitely need to work while I’m traveling, I want to try to limit working to the evenings, early mornings, or while on the train. The last thing I want to do is lose out on an entire day of sightseeing because I need to hit a deadline.
- Get my taxes filed. Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem. Even when living abroad. I have a friend checking my mail each week, then sending it to me here in Germany. But then, our plan hit a snag. Some jerk broke into my townhouse complex’s mailbox. So we now have to show photo ID and pick up our mail at the local post office. I contacted our strata representative who said that we’ll have to pick up our mail at the post office for quite a while. So I had PDF a hand-written (not typed) note and a copy of my driver’s license to my friend, so that she was authorized to get my mail for me. Which is all fine and good, except that the thief definitely stole mail from me, and if some of that happened to be tax paperwork, then that becomes a problem.
Ongoing 2012 Goals:
- Post a new photo every day on my Tumblr account, My Life In Pixels.
- Only post my own photos on GMBMFB.
- Write one guest post for another blog or website.