Contest: File your taxes for free online with H&R Block
Here is your chance to win 1 of 3 copies of H&R Block’s At Home Online Tax Program!
One of the best things I could have done for myself a few years ago was start to file my own taxes. Instead of spending $100+ to go to an accountant, I took the time to learn to do it myself. And not only is it extremely satisfying, but I’ve learned a ton about how taxes work, including deductions I didn’t even know about.
I’ve actually taken a look at a bunch of different tax software (both free and paid), and recently I was given the chance to check out the H&R Block online tax program – and I really like it. And best of all, the program supports all kinds of tax returns. Even if you have complicated ones – which includes self-employed income (like me), rental, or small business returns.
Here’s a screenshot of what the program looks like once you start:
All you have to do is gather all of your income and deduction slips. Then,the program will walk you through your return step-by-step, pick the forms that you will need, do all of the calculations for you, and check for errors.
There are THREE ways to enter (for a total of 3 possible entries):
- +1 entry: Tweet about the contest (copy and paste the following: “I just entered to win free online tax software from @HRBlockCanada and @krystalatwork! Enter now! http://wp.me/pPQjl-2qX“).
- +1 entry: Comment on this blog post and tell me if you file your taxes on your own, or if you use an accountant – and why.
- +1 entry: There is a link to this post on my Facebook page. “Share” the link with your followers.
- I am giving away three (3) codes to file your taxes online with H&R Block. Each person who enters is only eligible to win one (1) prize.
- Only open to Canadians.
- Contest closes February 12, 2012 at 5pm PST.
- The winner will be picked using Random.org.
- If you are an anonymous commenter, please remember to leave your e-mail address when filling out your comment, otherwise your entry will be disqualified.
Good luck! :)
Author: Krystal Yee
I’m a writer, personal finance blogger, and marketing professional based in Vancouver. I’m a former Toronto Star (Moneyville) columnist, author of The Beginner’s Guide to Saving and Investing, and co-founder of the Canadian Personal Finance Conference. When I’m not working, you can usually find me running, playing field hockey, or plotting my next adventure.