Now that I have broken up with American Express, I have been on the hunt for a new #1 credit card. While it doesn’t necessarily have to be a travel rewards card, it does have to do more than my American Express card did – and with no annual fee.
Enter … the MBNA Smart Cash Platinum Plus MasterCard. It was love at first sight.
This credit card is amazing. Seriously. Incredible. It’s not a travel rewards card like my Amex was, but the benefits it offers far surpasses the 1.25% in travel rewards points that I was receiving.
Here is the rundown of this cash back card:
- 5% cash back on gas and grocery purchases for the first 6 months
- 3% cash back on gas and grocery purchases thereafter
- 1% cash back for all other retail purchases
- Around-the-clock fraud protection
- Cash back cheques will be issued in $50 increments
- No annual fee
P.S. I’m actually really surprised that, after tweeting to @AmericanExpress at least 8-10 times about my dissatisfaction, I didn’t receive a single response from them. Not even an apology, or a “please contact Customer Service” courtesy response. Nothing. That’s a social media fail, if I’ve ever seen one.