The best of Moneyville.ca so far
For some Friday reading, here are a few of my favourite articles so far from Moneyville:
Oh, and in case you’re wondering what my most popular post on Moneyville has been, well it was one I wrote earlier this month: How I hope to give myself a $25,000 raise, where I spoke about how one of my 2011 goals is to increase my income by 50%. And as a result, I received a massive spike in traffic to this blog on the day the article launched – as you can tell by the graph. It ended up being the most visitors in a single day on this blog, well, ever.
From others Moneyville bloggers:
- Alison Griffiths, host of Maxed Out writes: Freedom 55 or 85 for you?
- Adam Goodman discusses how he got into and out of debt
- Bryan Borzkyowski weighs in on the epic battle between the Blackberry vs. iPhone
- Rita Trichur writes about 16 hidden banking freebies
- Ellen Roseman talks about what to do when you fall out with your realtor
- Mark Saltzman tells you how to dry out a wet cellphone
Moneyville featured articles:
- Trish Crawford interviews Gail Vaz-Oxlade: Why we should mimic the blue-collar millionaires
- MoneySmartsBlog writer Mike Holman talks about why a University education might cost less than you think
- Paul Russell talks about the 10 things you need to know about retirement
- Tim Stobbs, who blogs at Canadian Dream: Free at 45, writes about how he plans to retire in 13 years
I’m really curious about your opinions: now that Moneyville has been online for just over 3 months, what do you think of it?
Author: Krystal Yee
I’m a personal finance blogger and marketing professional based in Vancouver. I’m a former Toronto Star (Moneyville) columnist, author of The Beginner’s Guide to Saving and Investing, and co-founder of the Canadian Personal Finance Conference. When I’m not working, you can usually find me running, climbing, playing field hockey, or plotting my next adventure.