Fitness Mondays

Yesterday I went to my first yoga class in about 5 years (although I have been doing the Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD sporadically for the past year). I had a good time hanging out with my friend, and we’ve decided to do fitness classes every Monday evening going forward. We are going to alternate between yoga and an aerobics class. Maybe even throw in the gym every so often as well.

Because this is at a rec centre, the prices are reasonable. I bought a 10-class drop-in package for $46. Cheaper than the boot camp I was going to a few months ago!

So that means between field hockey and fitness Mondays, I am scheduled to work out 3x/week (4x/week if they need me to play for another team within the club). And now with ski season started, I could be working out almost every day for the next few months. Good. My body needs it.

I’m a writer, personal finance blogger, and marketing professional based in Vancouver. I’m a former Toronto Star (Moneyville) columnist, author of The Beginner’s Guide to Saving and Investing, and co-founder of the Canadian Personal Finance Conference. When I’m not working, you can usually find me running, playing field hockey, or plotting my next adventure.

Comments

1. Clare says:

I'd love to hear updates on how you're liking the yoga classes. Hot yoga has been changing my life!
    My recent post No Drinks for 30 Days- Day Twenty

2. Clare says:

My recent post No Drinks for 30 Days- Day Twenty

3. Jessie says:

Just wanted to pop over and say thanks for your supportive comment on Jordan and my decision to purchase a new car. I was worried about posts involving it b/c I remembered all the flack you took when you made that decision.

• gmbmfb says:

Anytime. :) You know I'm always about making the personal finance choices that are right for you. If you want a new car, then by all means get one if you can afford it. Having a new car gives me peace of mind and I'm extremely happy with my decision.

4. Jessie says:

• gmbmfb says:

5. moralia says:

Sounds fun! It's more fun when you're "mixing" it up!

6. moralia says:

Sounds fun! It's more fun when you're “mixing” it up!

7. Maureen says:

If I could afford a new car I would,nt be caring a rat,s ass what other people thought, this journey is all about making the right decisions for me, sorry rant over.

Good for you on the gym front, I tried yoga myself a few years back and was really put of by the number of ladies there who passed wind, the instructor said this was very common and not to be concerned if any of us felt the need, not this little black duck I thought and never went back.
    My recent post PF Bloggers Christmas Cutbacks

8. Maureen says:

My recent post PF Bloggers Christmas Cutbacks

9. Jerry says:

Granted I’m a pretty burly guy, but I’ve tried yoga and I liked it. When my gym and accompanying classes were covered by my insurance, I worked out a lot more but I’ve since changed jobs so the workouts have diminished some. Hopefully, this new job will lead to consistent working out but it’s really up to me.