Job offer!

Wait for it … wait for it … I JUST GOT OFFERED THE JOB!!! :)

I’m pretty sure that I’m going to take it.

We’re still hammering out the fine details of the compensation package, but it looks like I would start at $3k less than what I was making at my last job, and then after a 3 or 6 month period, I would be bumped up provided everything is going well and I’m performing to their expectations (that is what I’m negotiating about right now – the HR woman is going to call me back to make sure that the bump in salary is a┬ápossibility). Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I would be getting 1 more week of vacation than my last job, plus extended health care – which wasn’t even an option at my old job. Plus the fact that my salary has the potential to bump up to what I was earning before. Even if they come back and can’t guarantee me a bump in salary, ┬áthat’s fine by me. As the current overall package they’re offering is about the same as what I was earning before, given the extra vacation and benefits.

The job comes with 3 weeks of vacation, 50% MSP coverage, and a nice extended benefits package which is fully covered by them.

I’m going to wait for an official offer letter before making my final decision on the position. But I am so happy and relieved and excited! I could potentially start on Monday!!! :)

I want to thank everyone who has left me positive messages or e-mails, and sent positive vibes my way. Your kind words and encouragement really helped me over the past few weeks, and it’s a great feeling knowing the personal finance community is so kind and tight-knit. You guys are the best.

I’m a writer, personal finance blogger, and marketing professional based in Vancouver. I’m a former Toronto Star (Moneyville) columnist, author of The Beginner’s Guide to Saving and Investing, and co-founder of the Canadian Personal Finance Conference. When I’m not working, you can usually find me running, playing field hockey, or plotting my next adventure.

1. Bonnie says:

Congrats! TAKE THE JOB!! :)

2. Emily says:

That is so awesome, congratulations! What a relief it must be, but even better that you're able to "make" about the same! Very cool.

3. cartersblog says:

Congratulations! I have commented for fear of jinxing things so I'm glad I held off :)

4. Nick says:

Congrats on the offer! I'm sure it will be nice to get back into the flow of things and get all your friends/relatives off your back =)
    My recent post Obituary

5. kycam says:

Congratulations! Wonderful news and now the family and friends can lay off a bit ;-)

6. Congrats, that is so exciting! :) Keep us updated about whether you accept the offer.
    My recent post $5,700 Plan

7. Erin says:

Congrats of the job offer!!!

8. ctreit says:

Well done! Congratulations and best wishes!
    My recent post A Household Budget of $12 Million – Tough to Make Ends Meet

9. ctreit says:

Well done! Congratulations and best wishes!
    My recent post A Household Budget of $12 Million – Tough to Make Ends Meet

10. Mrs. Micah says:

So happy for you!!!!!!!! Big grin right now. :-D
    My recent post Are Tax Refunds Better or Worse in the Economic Downturn?

11. audrey says:

OMG OMG OMGOMG OMGOMG!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO excited for you!!! Everyday I would see "Give Me Back My Five Bucks" in bold, i would always get this anxious feeling to see this really cool post saying you got the job…AND TODAY I FINALLY SAW IT!!!!

In all honesty, I am seriously super excited for you. I hope, no actually..I KNOW EVERYTHING will go soooo well with this job.

Anyway, you and BF better enjoy that caramel drizzled apple pie ;) Congratttsss!!!! :D

12. Russ says:

Awesome, congratulations!

13. Mineral says:

14. Ella says:

Congrats!!! Ever since your references post, I have been checking your page waiting for this news! :-) Congrats once again! Happy for you

15. Teri says:

Congrats Krystal!! I knew they would come thru :-)

16. Ms.Kracker says:

TAKE THE JOB! otherwise you will be unemployed for another 2 months at least

17. Fig says:

Congrats! That's great! :)
    My recent post I Post A Lot, But It Helps!

18. guinness416 says:

Great news, congratulations and give em hell!

19. Ronnie says:

Congratulations!!! That’s such wonderful news, and I’m so happy for you.

20. Ronnie says:

Congratulations!!! That's such wonderful news, and I'm so happy for you.

21. tom says:

So awesome!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! You deserve it!

22. Dawn/FFL says:

Congrats on the offer! I have been following your updates on this curiously as I have a lay off coming up in 4 months. Congrats again!

23. Wow, this is awesome news, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

24. psychsarah says:

:) Adding to the congratulations here. I was so happy to see the title of your blog!

25. Yay!! Congrats!! :D
    I hope you get that bump deal!

26. Congratulations, Krystal…you will do wonderful!
    My recent post Just put it out there, why don’tcha?!

27. Congratulations, Krystal…you will do wonderful!
    My recent post Just put it out there, why don’tcha?!