I am very happy to report that I was about $75 under my January budget. :) I’m a little disappointed that I wasn’t able to stay under $250 for my food budget. But looking at the big picture, I’m still satisfied.
- Go skiing 6x. FAIL! As most of you know, ski conditions aren’t exactly prime over here in Vancouver. Just in time for the Olympics, eh? We went skiing in Whistler just once this month. Couldn’t afford to go more than that, and the ski hills on the North Shore were too pathetic to even take the effort to go out. But we did go hiking and snow shoeing a few times.
- Go rock climbing 3x. FAIL! We only went once. Grrr!
- Work out on my Wii 2-3x per week. CHECK! I worked out 25 times this month, only missing 6 days – 5 days while on Vacation, and 1 rest day.
- $600 into Retirement Portfolio. CHECK! I was able to save $785 through RRSPs and TFSA.
- $100 into Emergency Fund. FAIL! I only saved $75. :(
- $50 into Car Fund. CHECK!
- List at least 5 items on eBay. FAIL! I listed 2 things, but they were for BF.
A Hummer with bumper stickers that said “Save the Earth!” and “Legalize Marijuana”!
Only in Vancouver can you find a Hummer-driving hippie.
Yesterday I saw Jillian’s No More Trouble Zones DVD at London Drugs for only $7.99! I was very tempted to buy it, but decided to hold off until I’m closer to the end of the 30 Day Shred. Plus, even though it’s more expensive through Amazon.ca ($9.99), I can earn it for free through Swagbucks. Has anyone else used No More Trouble Zones before? Any good?
Anyway yesterday was also Day 11 of my 30 Day Shred. I’m going to do Level 2 again today (using 5 lb. weights for the military press, & 8 lb. weights for everything else), then move onto Level 3 tomorrow. I’ve heard from a lot of people that Level 3 is easier because there are no plank holds. But we’ll see!