February-March Lunch Challenge: Week 5
Whoops, I almost forgot that today is the last day of the work week! :) Well, for most of us anyway. It also means that today is the last day of WEEK 5 for the February-March Lunch Challenge! Can you believe it!?
There’s only one more week left! (And technically Monday March 31st – no cheating!)
How did you do this week?
- krystalatwork – packed my lunch all 4 days … although I had a major cinnamon bun craving today. I didn’t think I’d make it!
- The BF – packed his lunch all 4 days. Actually, I packed 2 of his 4 lunches this week. :)
- Bouncing Back – “Made it again this week. I will be spending Saturday making Easter eggs, I think I’ll be eating a lot of egg salad next week.”
- BeachGirl – “I brought lunch all week.”
- Toxic Money – “We brought lunch all week, too.”
- J. Savings – “Ate pb&J’s 3 days this week, and bought the other 2.”
- Vinelady – “Made this week. Today forgot to make my lunch so just grabbed odds and ends.”
- Alex – “I’ve also made it! One week to go!”
- Natalie – “Made it this week. I went out yesterday — but it’s reimbursed.”
- Niki – “Free & cClear again this week. I didn’t even realize how much extra cash I was spending on lunches. This has kept a few extra monies in the bank!”
- L – “Everything went smoothly for me this week!”
- Erika – “I did great this week!”
- change is a good thing – “Brought my lunch again everyday this week … actually everyday so far this year! Yeah!
- asgreen – “Did it again! In fact I’m starting to prefer to bring my lunch. Went out to lunch yesterday on the boss and felt like it was way too much food. “
- Ellen – “I bought today, and 1 day a week isn’t so bad.”
- Kate – “Made it through this week. I did buy lunch on Mon. because I had to go out of town, but I was reimbursed, so I’m not counting that since I got the money right back!”
- JanePlain – “Made it!!! :)”
- HighClassLowIncome – “This was my first full week of absolutely no spending!”
- Debt Dieter – ” Made it again this week. That said it was only a 3 day week for me as I took Thursday off work.”
- The Bright Side – “Since starting this on February 21, I have only spend $8.39. This is an incredible feat for me. My daily spending is normally $8 a day. I have saved well over $200 by doing this challenge and will continue to do it beyond March 31.”
- VixenOnABudget – ” During finals I totally brought my own food/snacks. Last week I was actually on Spring Break.”
Author: Krystal Yee
I’m a personal finance blogger and marketing professional based in Vancouver. I’m a former Toronto Star (Moneyville) columnist, author of The Beginner’s Guide to Saving and Investing, and co-founder of the Canadian Personal Finance Conference. When I’m not working, you can usually find me running, climbing, playing field hockey, or plotting my next adventure.